Sunday, March 16, 2014

Influences and Artwork... Obsessed with Jill Ricci

I wanted to share some artwork with you by Jill Ricci, who I'm totally obsessed with. Here is her website:


I don't know her, but have seen her work around the internet and on Pinterest and really connected to her work.


Just without reading her bio, you can see she uses collage- found objects/papers, layers, form and graffiti-esque application of information. Order within chaos, ancient form, modern application, color, texture, pattern, decor and embellishment. 




Her work really appeals to me on so many levels and I wished I owned one....! One day!



There is something very tactile about her work too- you want to touch it, maybe peel back some of the layers to see what's underneath.



There also seems to be a 'snapshot' quality to her work- like you're only seeing a snippet of a whole.



And yet they are composed, balanced, and symmetrical in their own way. 




I also like to use some of the exotic shapes she encorporates. I feel a kinship in her use of the old and the modern. 

Here's some pieces from my current inventory that have some of a similar feel:









You can check out my shop for more pieces:

1 comment:

  1. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you got to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete